Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How soon can you give us free estimates?
A: In most cases, we can provide free estimates within 48 hours
Q: How soon can you start a job once accepted?
A: We are very flexible in starting a job. In general, we can begin a job as requested.
Q: Why is there water in my crawl space?
A: Generally, there are two major causes for crawl space water problems:
- The footing drainage system has failed. This is a very common problem for both new and old structures. In many cases, even though the builders have done everything according to the building codes, it is still possible for the building to have crawl space water problems for a variety of reasons.
- The downspout drainage system has failed.
Q: Our crawl space has a drainage outlet connecting to the storm drain. Why do we still have water in the crawl space?
A: It could be one of two possible reasons:
- The crawl space outlet is not functioning. (There are many possible causes for this condition.)
- The crawl space floor is uneven.
Q: Why do we have dry rot in our crawl space foundation?
A: The most common causes of dry rot are:
- Lack of Ventilation/Moisture
- Insect Activity
Q: When is the best time to fix our drainage or structure problem?
A: It is best to fix the problem right after you discover it in order to keep damage from spreading. Both drainage and foundation work can be performed year-round.